Monday, July 28, 2008

Too Much Smoke...

I moved on Saturday and have yet to get internet setup in our new place. I'm in a PC bang now and have forgotten how nasty these places are. There are tons of teenages smoking in close quarters while sipping on sugary drinks and playing World of Warcraft. Sometimes I forget how different these Korean teens are compared to those in the US. I mean, I'm pretty sure that most American teens were either playing sports, working, drinking, using drugs or just watching TV. And as unhealthy as a pot habit or the occasional afternoon beer might have been in highschool, I'm confident that these places are much worse. The smoke is so ackrid. Judging by the ashtrays of the two people next to me, I'd say that they've been in here for three days.

The PC bang and gaming culture here is absurd. I read a Time article the other day that was clearly written by a Korean who thought that what these kids are doing was comparable to playing sports. Praising this behavior is not the way to go about dealing with this PROBLEM.

I also know that Glen spends many, many hours in these places watching movies and I wonder how many years he's taken off his life just by sitting in here. I've got to get out of here. I'll be back and active tomorrow.

Until then...

No comments: