Thursday, July 31, 2008

Decorations...

It's odd. I'm not only in an office, but my office with my name on the door. I'm looking out my window while I swivel around in my chair. As you can tell, I did what so many others should have done and left my old school. It wasn't a bad school or anything, it's just that there wasn't anywhere to go and everyday was pathetically repetative. The same rooms, the same meals, the same students, the same everything for two years. I'm aware that many jobs and professions follow the same cycle, but in Korea, there is no reason for me to hop on that bus. There are so many oppurtunities for me to move on, so I did.

That being said, you can tell that I'm in my office. It's not much of anything yet, but I've been brainstorming what I can do to decorate. I would like to decorate it like my college apartments, but I don't think beads, bongs and Dead posters would suffice in such a place. I have a lot of wall space, a desk that is too big for me, two chairs, a computer and lockable shelf.


고 suggested that I buy a old-timey looking, classy framed map and stick it up there. I fired back with my Dem Donkey flag. So, I've been thinking of a few things and I want you to help.


Tom Selleck?











Or the cast of Melrose Place?


Tough decision. Any better ideas?

5 comments:

Rmeis said...

What about a huge globe! I have a medium sized one in my office at work, so when all "clients" come in they just spin in around and around. They have so much fun with it.

The Expat said...

That's a great idea.

Mike said...

Any poster from "Footloose" or "Spaceballs" would be awesome but the best thing you could possibly get is that poster that has the Jesus's footsteps in the sand poem on it.

Or PeeWee's Big Adventure.

My old computer used to start up with the saying "TELL 'EM LARGE MARGE SENT YA!!! HAHAHAHA". You should get something like that installed on the door for when people open it.

Whatever, I'm rambling.

The Expat said...

I like the Jesus one. That would be a conversation piece for sure.

Anonymous said...

How about a pin in map of all the places you have lived or traveled??